Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Waldorf vs. Cristina

Okay... so tonight I went over to the Waldorf located on Park Avenue to visit my brother who is in town for the next few days. I walked into the lobby and sat down like any normal person would waiting for someone they were about to visit. The thing is... all the workers kept starring at me. Now okay... as a girl you kind of get used to people starring. I don't say this in any kind of cocky way at all... I'm like the least cocky person you'll ever meet. However, this was just a little weird. Particularly they were all looking at my feet. For the record, I hate my feet and I realize they're not exactly beautiful feet but that's no reason to stare.

It turns out... this hotel has a dress code. A dress code! So when I walked in with my faded jeans, t-shirt that says "peace" and my old navy sandels... well... I was a walking felon in those walls. I stuck out like a sore thumb and ALL the staff were watching me like I was some crazy homeless girl that was gonna try and steal one of these overly priced posh items that were strewn about the hotel... which by the way... weren't that pretty to begin with.

I found their actual dress code online:

Dress Attire

T-shirts, tank tops, faded jeans, cut-offs, and casual hats are not permitted in the Main Lobby, Park Avenue Lobby, restaurants, or public areas of the hotel. While name badges may be worn by conference attendees in private conference rooms, we request that name badges be removed in the public areas of the hotel. Thank you for your cooperation.

Needless to say, the next time I visit my brother at this establishment that apparently thinks they're just too good for down to earth people like myself... I'll be wearing a bikini top, short skirt and my whore boots with a big name tag that says "I'm H-less, bitch".

No comments: